Purpose of the Blog

This blog thenceforth shall be my creative output and outlet. Only constructive criticism is welcomed.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Phases of my Life: Interests, Dreams and Aspirations


Thinking to my childhood, I realized that my interests, dreams, and aspiration are all connected to the world of fiction. During my early schooling days, I spent countless of hours reading up topics that interested me in encyclopedias (Mainly due to being without internet connection).  I read up on animals, especially on dinosaurs, mammals, arachnids, and many other species.  This knowledge that I collected was then used to help me create characters. In my early childhood days, I remember playing "make-believe" with, and many times even without the need of, toys.  Basically, I was interested in the "make-up" of the world - how everything: plants, animals, peoples...etc could fit in such a small world.  I began to imagine.  It is through this imagination that my dreams and aspiration were developed.  

"Artwise", my life so far can be divided into three parts:

The Cartoon Phase
(4 - 8 years old)

Inspired by Medabots
My earliest interest was in the arts.  At an early age, I started drawing.  I began with the basic stick figures, and then gradually adding clothes on them.  Sadly, I do not have any remaining pieces of my early drawings.  Slowly and surely, I began to add more realism into my drawings and before long, I was drawing portraits of cartoon characters such as those from the television series Medabots, from the comics of Sonic the Hedgehog, and video games like Megaman.  I then moved on to creating original pieces and characters, one of which was actually published on the StarTwo section of the Star newspaper.

Inspired by Megaman

The Comic Phase
(9 - 14)
Cover page of Link8, a group of  original superheroes
Later on, I moved from the cartoon phase into the comic phase.  My art became more realistic, but more creative.  My inspiration were superheroes from the pages of Marvel comics and also Jedi's and Sith lords from works of Star Wars, and I drew and created many characters of my own.  It was at this stage that my imagination was used to it's maximum potential and I came up with many characters (as many twenty a day).  My dream to publish a comic of my own was born in this stage and though it has not happened yet, there is still a part of me that still dream of this.  At this age because of the limitations of this country, my philosophy of work became to be: Earn as much money as you can as fast as you can so that you can retire early, start a publishing house, and publish your own work (This philosophy has changed now, but the dream to publish something has not).  Some of my better works will be posted:

The Raiders, a group of supervillians 

Sometimes when I have nothing better to do, I  try random things


A 3-page story on "Gentleman Ghost".
An Idea for a giant robot: "Lone Samurai"
Cover page of "Bulwark"  (Inspired by Ironman)
Cover page of "Giga-Kid"



Two drawings of the "R-4-Rangers"
Cover page of "The Immovables"
Cover page of "Tracker's Troop"

Cover page of "Tech-Wave"

Cover page of "Spirit






































The Creative Phase
(15 - present)
A book idea: The Legends of Brack: Hood of Niadris
I soon realized that there was no way that I could actually create a comic without a basis in writing.  It was when I started exploring the world of words that my real creative phase began.  I began with writing stories but abandoned most of them because of the weak plot and started planning before writing.  During these few years ideas for many novels, movies, comics, and poems flooded me.  I started a blog to begin jotting down ideas and publishing some chapters and prologues to ideas.  I continued my drawing but the superhero craze had died down a little and I started drawing sketches of whatever that I could see from the room view to my reflection in the mirror. My aspiration is to see my work published.  It is one of the reasons I took up psychology.  My thinking was that, by getting to know more about people, I would be better at writing a more realistic story and it seems to be paying of.  By thinking more of plots, my dream has altered from merely publishing comics and novels to also maybe producing videos or even directing a movie.  Some of my sketches:

A scene in the Legends of Brack: Hood of Niadris book
Self-Portrait 28-03-2008
Self-Portrait 03-05-2008
Self-Portrait 25-06-2008
Self-Portrait 05-10-2009
Self-Portrait 05-06-2011
Now to fuel my creativity and to help me achieve my aspiration, I have decided to learn the art of design.  My dream at the present moment is to see my work published or produced...hopefully in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment