Purpose of the Blog

This blog thenceforth shall be my creative output and outlet. Only constructive criticism is welcomed.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

URL and Title Picture

The URL

The first step to creating this URL was to come up with something interesting.  

Why pioneer? 
I believe that everyone is a pioneer in their own way. After all, our entire life is our's to explore.  I have accepted my job as a pioneer and hopefully I will be also a pioneer in the field of design.
Why Inspired? 
This is an easy to answer question. Basically, I hope this blog will inspire me and also inspire others.  This blog will be my treasure chest of creative inspiration for the next 14 weeks at least.


The Title Picture

I knew I needed something that is of good quality, so I rummaged through my archives and found this photo taken last year at a dinner.  I also knew that this title picture had to at least show some form of designing so I used photoshop to edit this picture.

Photo Credited to Ng Hwee Ling.  
Then I started by cropping out everything but my eyes and their surroundings. I later chose two colors (Yellow and brown) and used the brush tool to fill in my eyes and hair.


I filled in the shadowy areas first then moved on with the rest of my face by using a lighter color tone. 
I was pretty satisfied with the results.  For the eyes, I used black and white. After I was done coloring in, I used the blur tool to make the colors mix more. I later colored off the background:

This is the result.  (The background color was chosen to fit in with the blog's background.)

No comments:

Post a Comment