Purpose of the Blog

This blog thenceforth shall be my creative output and outlet. Only constructive criticism is welcomed.

Friday, March 30, 2012

Lines from my Darkest Week


There’s a cry in my heart for a meaning to live
There’s a hole in my chest searching out for relief.
Where can I find a peace in my mind,
When all that I think about is what’s behind?

The emotions are great and I hesitate.
The fear is real and I’m scared to fail.
The pressure inside finds no place to hide
And I’m left alone, exposed and prone.

I’ve been the giver; I’ve been the taker
I’ve been the seeker for the right answer
But where can I search for something unseen?
But where can I look for something within?

Who am I to the world outside?
I feel like I am standing in a divide.
An in-betweener; a man without a cause,
Who’s searching for meaning and has no time to pause.

Everyone has a place; of such, I was told.
But who can tell me mine? Come answer, ye bold!
Don’t tell me lies; or half-truths, be warned!
For I’ve been deceived; I have been faced with scorned.

Where do I belong? Are there many who sing this song?
Alone in the midst of the crowd; invisible to the faint and loud
Are there others like me; in this same misery?
Do I have brothers or sisters to call; when I begin to fall?



No comments:

Post a Comment