Purpose of the Blog

This blog thenceforth shall be my creative output and outlet. Only constructive criticism is welcomed.

Monday, August 6, 2012

What Could Have Been


Verse 1
It’s said that stick and stones may break our bones, but words will never hurt.
With lies that were said, a price was paid and left me in the dirt
Regrets and mistakes, pain and heartaches, are all I’ve left to feel
The love of the past that did not last is all I’ve left of you
 Chorus
Out of the pouring rain; you walked away
Out of my broken heart; I prayed you’d stay
But you never did and never will
The days have passed and I still believe
That what we had was the real thing
Instead of moving on I’m caught up in what could have been
Verse 2 
It hurts my heart to know that this part did not have to be this way
It hurts my soul because I don’t know why we grew away
Of all the days I’ve missed your face, again the thoughts of you begin
Instead of moving on I’m going on about what could have been

Bridge
*still thinking about it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment