Purpose of the Blog

This blog thenceforth shall be my creative output and outlet. Only constructive criticism is welcomed.

Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Cry and His Reply

One man raises his voice to the hills
Another man humbles himself and kneels
Still one more throws his fist in the air
One man asks, "Show Yourself, if you care."

One more begs aloud to be heard
One more mourns and shaves his beard
One more cries 'til tomorrow's dawn
Another man sings a heavenly song

One man slams the keys and shouts,
"Lord, please chase away my doubts!"
One man takes on more than he can chew,
To silence the pain that's in me and you.

One man wears a smiling face
Thinking that with it he can erase
The hurt, the fears, and uncertainties.
But they flood back like rushing seas

One son asks where is his dad
Where's the one to teach him good from bad.
He doubts he'll find a father's love
Neither on this earth nor high above.

One selfless mother prays with tears
That God would drive away her fears
As her little one lies in a hospital bed
She pleads, "God, can you take me instead?"

One little daughter sings in church
About the One on high she has researched
She's not too sure of the words she hums
She's not too sure of the chords she strums.

All their cries fill up the sky
And they all start to question why

Why does He stay silent in the clouds
When His voice is supposed to be thunder-loud?
Why is He hidden in the heavens
When it can't contain His presence?

And between their cry and His reply
Rose a silent song from High
And they knew it was from Him
Though they knew not the words to the hymn

Between their cry and His reply
The earth as if stood by
And He did not shout His answer
It came in a soft and gentle whisper.

He said, "Fear not you aching hearts,
For I have seen you from the start.
Steer your weary souls to Me
And I will give you liberty.

"Fret not, for I am here
For I have always been so near.
I've heard your songs; I've heard your pleas.
I've heard your chords; I've heard your keys.

"The mother's cry; The father's sigh
Not one of them has passed me by.
The little ones' pleas; the man on his knees.
No, not one, I did not see."

Between the cry and His reply
The earth as if stood by
And peace came in and cleared the drought
And it eased the heart and cleared the doubts.


No comments:

Post a Comment